It is the mission of Laney to provide a safe workplace that is free from hazards to protect our employees, customers, and the community. In supporting this mission, Laney believes in these principles:
- All injuries and incidents are preventable.
- Our health, safety and environmental program requires the participation of all employees, in order to promote safety and environmental awareness and prevent all incidents, injuries, and illnesses to our employees, customers and the community.
- Every employee is empowered to stop any unsafe act and will be supported in their decision by company management. A safe workplace isn't just a right, it's everyone's obligation.
- Productivity in the absence of safety will not be rewarded.
- A key driver of our business is the protection of the environmentally sensitive areas in which we work. We will strive to minimize the environmental impact every time.
- Management will monitor health, safety, and environmental performance to ensure that our objectives are achieved. Zero will ALWAYS be the expectation - zero incidents, injuries, illnesses and zero damage to property, equipment and the environment. Should we fall short of this expectation, we'll investigate to understand the cause and use that knowledge to prevent a future occurrence.
Keeping a safe, environmentally friendly workplace is a team effort. Laney is proud to have you on this team. Your involvement, cooperation and personal commitment to health, safety, and the environment is essential to our mission of making Laney a safe place to work.